Sunday 11 September 2011

Friendship

(what I value) 

I never thought I was one to take my friends for granted, however having been away for this period of time, I really feel like I have. At this day and age it is relatively easy to keep in touch with people all around the world, however the time difference and having different schedules made it extremely difficult. I was used to seeing my closest friends on a regular basis, but being in South Africa for just over 3 months and then in Europe for another 2 weeks really made me realize how much I need them. Now that I have been back for a couple of weeks I have had the chance to catch up with everyone but I still feel a bit like I did in SA, because now I am missing the friends that I made there. Having spent so much time with my people in South Africa and getting used to a particular routine and life there made it a bit challenging to get back to my life in Toronto. This experience has really made me realize how important real friendships are and who are the people that are willing to put in the extra effort to keep in touch regardless of where I am and the distance that separates us. True friends are hard to find but they will always be there for you when you really need them.


No comments:

Post a Comment